Little Tikes have created a solid water table that has plenty of fun accessories that will allow toddlers to have plenty of fun outside on a warm day.
Our verdict: The Spiralin Seas Waterpark from Little Tikes is a great example of a high quality water table that has a number of extras that older kids will enjoy beyond just the fun of water (which all young kids just love.)
Of all the water tables we recommend here at TheToyZone, the Spiralin Seas Waterpark was the most popular with our readers and so I was super keen to get my hands on one for a full hands on review with help from my 3-year-old son Liam.
If you are the parent of toddlers, you will already know that water is one of the most fun things they can play with. Whilst it can be amazing to watch your son having the time of his life playing with the dog’s water bowl, it can make a big mess and isn’t the most hygienic! It is far better to have a dedicated place to play, and this is where water tables shine.
If budget is an issue, then you can still have plenty of fun with a large container that you can fill with water but a table allows kids to play longer without being close to the floor – and because they are designed for kids have a lot more fun “designed” in.
If you have more time than money, you might be interested in building your own water table:
I personally don’t have any extra time or DIY skills to build a water table, so I would prefer to have something already made like the Spiralin Seas Waterpark.
As with all the hands-on toy reviews, we bought the Little Tikes water table with our own money so we don’t have an incentive to be overly positive. We would much prefer to have an open and honest review so that you know exactly if this toy would be something your kid will love. If you were to buy a toy based on one of our reviews and later on decided to refund your purchase because it didn’t match expectations (which you totally should), then that would mean that we won’t get paid so it’s very much in our interest to keep our review as unbiased as possible. This helps us support our mission of uncovering more toys kids will actually love instead of recommending toys that will later on be ignored or thrown away.
Little Tikes Water Tables Compared
Little Tikes is one of the biggest brands involved in water tables and this particular model was first released in 2011.
What I loved ❤️
- Fairly easy to construct, we were playing within 10 minutes of removing it from the box.
- At just over $50 this seems a fairly priced unit compared to other more complex water tables.
- The ball drop feature in the middle was the first thing my 3-year-old boy played with and he could drop the cute balls (that were included) as well as scoop water that then flew out at the end.
- Yes, it’s plastic but it did feel like it will last for a number of years so I’m looking forward to when my 7-month-old will be able to play with it.
What I didn’t like as much 💔
- The sinkhole was a little tricky to install and I did pull a little bit of the plastic off when I used needle nosed pliers as recommended in the instructions.
- Reading some reviews, it did seem that other people had issues with the sink/plug hole as they complained about the unit leaking, which I had zero issues with but assume this was down to not fitting this correctly as it wasn’t easy.
- The instructions were not the worst but could have been easier to understand with more images and less text instructions that have to be shown in 8 languages. Would be great to see more IKEA-like instructions for toys!
When you remove it from the box, there are a number of plastic bags that contain the different parts that you will use to construct the water table.
The first job is to install the plug hole, which is rubber and needs to make a tight seal with the table.
The instructions recommend using needle nose pliers but I found that I managed to pull off some of the rubber. I recommend a broader set of pliers as they made the job easier without causing damage.
The legs for the table click in easily as long as you bring them in at an angle.
Once the plug and table legs are in, we screw the main spiral together with the included screws – I would recommend the use of an electric screwdriver as it will speed things up significantly.
Once the spiral was complete, the next step was to put it all together. Construction was complete in less than 10 minutes.
So what did my son think?
No review of a water table would be complete without knowing how kids enjoyed it. Once the water table was up my son loved playing with all the different parts of the water table and only came back inside when his hands got too cold (it was a little cold for late May today.)
I can imagine this water table is going to be used a lot as we come into summer and I’m sure it will be a favorite with visiting friends and family. If we come across any issue I will be sure to update this review but as of now it got the full 5 stars for fun.
The Spiralin Seas Waterpark is a solid water table from Little Tikes that I think most toddlers are going to love. It’s well made and fairly simple to put together and whilst the sink hole could be easier to install, I understand why it’s tricky as it needs to be able to create a tight bond so water doesn’t leak.
If you are in the market for a water table then I would totally recommend the Little Tikes Spiralin Seas Waterpark as you get a ton of fun without spending much more than $50. Let’s just hope the summer in 2021 is nice and warm where you are so your kids don’t get cold.
- Water play table helps develop "put-and-take" and early motor skills with fun characters
- Drop balls down spiral, watching them go round and round and down into the water
- Turn the Ferris wheel to scoop up and drop off balls
- Fill the cup with water and pour into the funnel to power twin water wheel
- Includes 1 water cup and 5 round characters that squirt water