Are you a fan of the Halo universe? Are you waiting with bated breath for the release of Halo Infinite? Are you prepared to shoot Nerf darts around your home in the name of science? We need YOU!
We’re scouring the world to find new blood to review a selection of products from Nerf’s new Halo range, such as our favorite Nerf Rival Guns, just in time for the hotly anticipated release of Xbox’s powerhouse Halo Infinite.
This is your chance to show the world who reigns supreme in foam dart combat with this incredible opportunity to test and review the latest Nerf Blasters, and get paid for it!
The ammunition may be made out of foam, but this is most definitely war.
Lock, load, play. Repeat.
Who are we looking for?
Here at TheToyZone, we take our work very seriously. So when we’re not rolling across the floor firing foam darts at each other, splashing around with water tables, and testing the latest Switch games, we’re continuously searching for the best toys for kids across the world. Not because we have to, but because we love it! This truly is our dream job.
We’re looking for someone with that same passion for toys who will deliver an accurate, impartial, and sincere review that fits our light-hearted demeanor. One which gives our readers all the information on the products whilst not losing the playfulness of the job at hand.
What’s the mission?
We will send you items from Hasbro’s exciting new Nerf Halo range for you to unbox, lock and load as you put these blasters through their paces to see if they would stand up to Master Chief’s standards.
We want you to:
- Rigorously test these toys (aka play with them)
- Tell us:
– What do you love about each blaster?
– What don’t you like that much about the toys?
– What is your verdict?
- Take close-up photos of each of the products
- Record an unboxing video
- Record a video of you testing the products out in the field (check out our vid for the MA40 for inspiration)
What you’ll get
Clear out your current armory as the winning applicants will not only receive a brand new Nerf Halo Bulldog SG Blaster, but we’ll also send you the intense looking, 6 dart rotating drum Nerf Halo Mangler, and because a. You’re going to need some protection and b. You’ll need to look badass whilst slaying your enemies, we’re throwing in a Master Chief helmet with reflective visor and sidelights.
Everything you’ll need to look, stalk, and kill like the Master himself.
Oh yeah, did we already mention we’ll pay you $1170 for it?
A thousand dollars to play with Nerf blasters…
How to apply
Like what you’re hearin’?
Wanna get your hands on these prodigious Halo blasters?
To apply, all you need to do is give us no more than 100 words which will convince us why testing Nerf Halo Blasters as a guest toy reviewer for TheToyZone would be your dream job.
Tell us why you would be perfect for this role, hit us with your ideas on how you would make your review conquer the competition, and add your social media handles so we can contact you.
Nerf Halo Blasters Tester
How will I find out if I’m selected?
The winner of this dream job will be announced live on our Twitter (@EnterTheToyzone) on November 29, 2021 at 10:00 am PST. Be sure to follow us so you don’t miss out on the announcement. We will also contact the winner via email after the live announcement. The winning applicant will have 7 days to accept or decline the offer.
Is there a deadline for applications?
All applications will need to be submitted by November 12th 2021. Unfortunately, any submissions after this point will not be read no matter how rad you are.
Do I need to be a Halo fan to apply?
Absolutely not but if you aren’t, we do ask you to research into the Halo universe for background on the product and why Hasbro worked on this collaboration.
What experience do I need?
You don’t need any! We’re offering this opportunity to the masses, not to the few. We’re looking for your enthusiasm, sense of childlike curiosity, fresh ideas, and those who have always dreamt of being that kid from the hit Hanks movie Big.
Can I apply if I live outside the US?
You will need to be living in either the US or the UK.
How will you get the products to me?
The products will be sent to your address via Amazon.
How long will I have?
We may have fun in TheToyZone offices but we still work to deadlines (otherwise reviews would never get posted). From when you receive the product, you will have 3 weeks to submit your review.
I have more questions, who do I ask?
If you have any questions about this project, you can email us anytime at email@example.com.
Terms and Conditions
- The promoter of the Nerf Halo Blasters Tester Dream Job for TheToyZone (“Dream Job”) is NeoMam Studios Ltd. (“Promoter”), whose principal office is located at 60 Windsor Avenue, London, SW19 2RR, UK.
- Employees of the Promoter or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the Dream Job or helping to set up the Dream Job shall not be permitted to enter.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old to participate.
- Only residents of the United Kingdom and the United States are eligible to participate.
- DREAM JOB VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- There is NO ENTRY FEE AND NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO APPLY FOR THIS DREAM JOB. Any purchase or consideration otherwise given by entrants will not improve one’s chances of being selected for the Dream Job.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By entering this Dream Job, applicants waive all right to and hold the Promoter harmless from any claim, liability, loss, injury, damage (including punitive, incidental, and consequential damages), or expense (including attorneys’ fees) arising out of or in connection with participation in this Dream Job or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. The Promoter will not be responsible for: late, incomplete, or incorrect applications; an applicant’s failure to receive prize notices due to applicant’s spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or for applicants’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information; technical, hardware, or software malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled, or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or used in this Dream Job; by any human error which may occur in the processing of the applications in this Dream Job; or any typographical, technological, or other error in the publishing of the offer, administration of the Dream Job, or announcement of the Recipient of the Dream Job (“Recipient”).
- Promoter will start accepting applications on October 11, 2021. Closing date for entry will be November 12, 2021 at 9:00 AM PST. After this date, no further applications to the Dream Job will be permitted.
- Promoter shall select one (1) Recipient from the entire pool of eligible entries. The Recipient will be selected based on the quality of the application as judged by Promoter’s employees.
- The Recipient will be notified by email and/or letter within 7 days of the closing date. If the Recipient cannot be contacted, is not eligible, or does not claim the opportunity to participate in the Dream Job within 10 days of notification, Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the offer from the Recipient and pick a replacement Recipient.
- INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR ACKNOWLEDGMENT: The Recipient acknowledges that participation in the Dream Job will be as an independent contractor. No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employee-employer relationship is intended or created by acceptance of the Dream Job. The Recipient has no authority to bind Promoter to contracts, make any agreement or representations without Promoter’s written consent. The Recipient shall not be eligible to participate in any vacation, group medical or life insurance, disability, profit sharing, or retirement benefits, or any other fringe benefits or benefit plans offered by Promoter to its employees. Promoter is not responsible for withholding or paying any income, payroll, Social Security, or other federal, state, or local taxes, making any insurance contributions, including unemployment or disability, or obtaining worker’s compensation insurance on Recipient’s behalf. Recipient acknowledges that stipend is subject to all applicable taxes. The Recipient is solely responsible for all such taxes or contributions, including penalties and interest.
- Dream Job consists of testing the Nerf Halo Bulldog SG Blaster, the Nerf Halo Mangler, and the Master Chief helmet, recording footage in-game and at unboxing stage, and then answering a series of follow up questions about it for a review via email, video call or google forms. The Promoter will notify the Recipient on how to complete the Dream Job requirements.
- The Promoter is committed to providing equal opportunities to participate in the Dream Job to qualified individuals with disabilities. Consistent with this commitment, if the Recipient believes she/he/they need an accommodation to complete the requirements of the Dream Job because of a disability, the Promoter will provide a reasonable accommodation that would allow the Recipient to complete the requirements of the Dream Job unless doing so would create an undue hardship.
- Prior to the start of the Dream Job, the Recipient will receive a Nerf Halo Bulldog SG Blaster, the Nerf Halo Mangler, and a Master Chief helmet mailed to Recipient. Value of the package is approximately $125.
- This Dream Job is conducted by Promoter and is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Nerf, Halo, Bungie, Xbox Game Studios, or any of the properties listed above or their affiliates.
- Upon completion of the Dream Job, the Recipient will receive a one time payment of $1170.00 USD. Upon completion of Dream Job, funds shall be distributed no earlier than 30 days following Recipient notification.
- No cash alternative to the Nerf Halo blasters will be offered. Opportunity to participate in the Dream Job is not transferable.
- The Promoter reserves the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend this Dream Job and these Terms and Conditions without notice.
- Promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the Dream Job will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Dream Job and these Terms and Conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Utah.
- The route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are available via TheToyZone. Individuals may enter to win by completing the full application form above.
- The closing date for the application will be November 12th 2021. After this date, no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- By submitting an application for this Dream Job, applicants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.